Thursday, October 12, 2006

Something Weird

I had a mini-twilight zone experience yesterday when I went on a work errand. I had to deliver some papers at this other office complex.

When I walked up to the front of the building about 10 men were outside smoking and watching me as I went inside. While I waited at the elevator, an older gentleman came inside and waited alongside with me. When the elevator opened, I walked inside and waited for the gentleman but he didn't come it. He yelled to me, "I'll just grab the next one!" Ok, did I step in dog poop or something?

Then I went to the floor and couldn't find the suite I needed. The suite label was in a tiny nook with no door or entrance. When I went to the next suite a woman there told me to cut through their office because the new office is waiting for a door to be cut out of the drywall and put in. Alrighty then.

After I dropped off my package, I went back to the elevators and waited for it to come up to the top floor. When the doors opened two gentlemen were inside and I waited a second so they could walk off. They didn't move and said to me, "are you coming on?" Ok, I thought, but I assumed they were leaving. As soon as I stepped inside, they left and one of them said, "Now, we can leave." Could it get any weirder?

AS I drove out of the complex I needed to make a left turn. A car was coming from the right and was turning into the complex I was leaving. The other car clearly had the right of way and wouldn't turn in until I left! Bizarro. Was everyone just being overly polite to me or did I just leave the twilight zone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home