Thursday, April 20, 2006

Everything Worth Reading

So...a friend just leant me a really good, chick book, Everyone Worth Knowing, by Lauren Weisberger. She’s the author of the Devil Wears Prada. I have to say it’s wonderful. It was so addicting-- I could have lost my job over it. I brought it to work and kept stealing glances of it when I was incredibly busy. I was ashamed at my behavior. I think I’m an addict of some sort.

Anywho, as much as I loved the book, I had wished it wasn’t so predictable and also the lack of attention to some details when other details were brilliantly illustrated was disappointing too. I guess no one is perfect. All in all it’s a recommended read.

The weird thing is, I’m so glad the book is over because I couldn’t stop thinking of the characters before that. I seem to have that problem with lots of good books. The characters become alive in my head like real people and I wonder what they are doing. I guess that makes a good writer and shows the inspiring writer or schizophrenia in me!

But it did inspire me to write some more on my own and gave me some motivation! I know that sounds weird though.

Any other good books to recommend? I found The Da Vinci code even more incredible.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best book I've read in the past two years was The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Not a light read like The Devil Wears Prada...but it is compelling and difficult to put down.

6:05 PM  
Blogger nolatravelgirl said...

I found the book WAY too predictable, but then again most chic-lit is predictable. a good beach read at best.

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home