Thursday, August 18, 2005

The evil pimple

Just when I thought I was over puberty–it revisited me like a poorly digested meal. I was enjoying porcelain quality skin into my late 20s when my dermatologist diagnosed me with rosacea. Lucky me. Not only do I get pimples for the heck of it, but I get ones that visit in the same spot for several weeks at a time. And don’t even think about squeezing them—they aren’t squeezable. They just hurt. Plus, I get red and splotchy cheeks when I exercise, get too warm or when I drink wine.

And, why is it, before any special event a pimple has to form in the most conspicuous spot on the tip of the nose, middle of the forehead or between your eyes. I think I always got a pimple right before a big date.

I am having a party this weekend and word must of gone out because I awoke the other morning with a red one to the left of my mouth. Thank you pimple fairy g-dmother. I feel blessed. This pimple will be in all the photos taken this weekend to be remembered for eternity.

I’ve been careful not to touch it and I’ve been putting on topical medicine twice a day. And, to no avail, I can’t shake the little bugger. Last night I thought for sure it was going away, but today it feels larger and it hurts. Maybe I’ll have better luck tonight.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is the first essay I ever read about a pimple. Interesting. Hope it's gone. Simcha

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home