Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Moving Target

I can’t believe it happened again. I got rear ended driving to an appointment during lunch time. It frustrated me to no end. The biggest problem, aside from being injured and having to deal with an additional stress in everyday life, is the frequency of the occurrences.

On my way to the office this morning I thought about the amount of people who have hit my car and I wondered if I could get some infamy out of my misery-- like earn a spot in the Guinness book?

My friends are joking, telling me to remove the bull’s-eye from my vehicle–no, kidding, eh? There must be one that I can’t see.

My sisters said I should sell my car and buy a Hummer. I’d love too, and I’m sure I’d feel indestructible in it, but the gas costs would kill me.

The weirdest aspect of the accident is I was just telling a friend about a good luck charm that I had in my car– a car mezuzah with a prayer inside. I kept it in my consul and just showed someone the other day telling them it protects me and I’ll never get in an accident again. Well, after the accident, I thought–hey, my mezuzah didn’t offer me any protection. And, when I went to find it, to check for any defects, it was no where to be found. It had vanished! It’s the most bizarre thing. No one has been in my car. I haven’t had my car’s inside cleaned and who would break into it just to steal that? It only has value to me and most people would not even know what it is.

It’s a mystery I’m hoping to uncover.

3 Comments:

Blogger The First Date Chick said...

My car got hit so often, I eventually had to name it "Target" (pronounced tar-ZHAY).

I hope that you aren't too badly hurt from this last one and are feeling better! Hot baths and heating pads...

10:25 AM  
Blogger -Ann said...

Do you have fairys and garden gnomes in Florida? They are always stealing stuff and moving it around.

Seriously though, that is pretty freaky. Could you have somehow dropped it or lost it?

2:12 PM  
Blogger BrianM said...

I am so glad you didn't get hurt.

Maybe it's your driving skills that are the problem? ;)

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home