Wednesday, November 10, 2004

In the beginning . . .

Single Status
by Gail Simons

I could compare my "singleness" to the main character in the film Bridget Jone's Diary, but the only similarities are I sometimes write in a diary. Oh yeah, and my family bugs me about being single too!

I'd have to say the parallel ends there. Right now my single life doesn't have the happy, Hollywood movie ending-yet! In the film, Bridget found her life-mate. I tell everyone I'm still looking for mine. He's just playing a mean game of hide and seek. Come out, come out wherever you are, you little buggar.

How do singles meet other singles? I get unsolicited suggestions all the time from friends and family members. Even my grandma is in on the game . . .

Her most recent whim was to place a single's ad in the newspaper. Her best friend successfully did it for her grandchild. But when she mailed me some guys’ ads, I questioned her motives, as the average age she circled was 70! I think I’ll pass.

I recently heard about this woman who met her husband in a Pet chat room for German Shepard owners. First they bred their dogs, had a litter of puppies and ended up getting married. That’s a new one for love in 2000.

Speaking of meeting people-have you been to a chat room on-line lately? I know two people who met someone that way. Reminds me of You've Got Mail! Only neither one of them were Meg Ryan or Tom Hanks.

A friend emailed me with a good idea the other day. He said he was going to auction himself off on eBay -gone to the highest bidder! I suggested he put a minimum on the bid.

Let's get serious here. Finding the right person is vital if you want to be fruitful and multiply! But in the meantime, we have to enjoy life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home